District 6 Gigantic 3 Recycling Program Event
|June 14, 2009||Posted by jamie under Community Services|
Make an appointment to drop off your items at the Gigantic 3 Debris Boxes – call 415-330-1300 by June 18th to set an appointment to recycle, compost, and drop off bulky items on Saturday, June 20, 2009 between 8:00 am and Noon at Golden Gate Disposal and Recycling at 900 7th Street at Berry Street.
Green Waste and Other Compostables
- Yard waste, landscaping debris, and all other organic material: leaves, grass, flowers, tree and brush trimmings, plants, weeds, food scraps, etc.
- All clean wood (untreated and unpainted) – nails are acceptable (Pallets are OK). Plywood and particleboard are not acceptable and go in the black box.
- Waxed cardboard.
Large or Bulky Items
- Curbside recyclable material (cans, glass bottles, plastic bottles, cardboard, and all paper).
- Appliances (water heaters, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers).
- Scrap Metal (any item that contains metal, such as kitchen chair, lamp, pipes, bird cage, bed frame, etc.).
- Mattresses and Box Springs (including futon mattresses).
- Electronics (including stereo equipment, VCR’s, old telephones and microwaves).
- Goodwill Industries will be on hand to recycle and reuse computer equipment (limit 5 computers per household).
Non Recyclable/Non-Compostable Waste
- Plastic bags, styrofoam, ceramics, light bulbs, painted or treated wood, etc.
Special Wastes – The following special waste items can be dropped off at the Gigantic 3 site:
- Used motor oil and oil filters (Please place used filters in a plastic bag. Do not mix motor oil with anything!)
- All household batteries (non-automotive)
- Fluorescent bulbs and tubes (broken tubes will not be accepted)
An appointment is encouraged by calling 415-330-1300. For program information, visit www.sfcleancity.com