Sunday Streets 2010 dates and locations announced
|December 21, 2009||Posted by jamie under Events, Open Spaces||
Sunday Streets returns to the place where it started as a couple of test pilot events in 2008. The first 2010 Sunday Streets event is scheduled for March 14, 2010 from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on The Embarcadero from Pier 39 south to Terry Francois Blvd./China Basin. The Rincon Hill neighborhood lacks adequate open space for the growing population, and this is a grand opportunity to get out and exercise and to meet others from waterfront and other San Francisco neighborhoods.
One thing that you can do to help Sunday Streets to succeed is volunteer to help with the events. Try volunteering at the event on The Embarcadero, and if you like it, volunteer at the other 8 Sunday Streets events in 2010.
Proposed dates and locations include:
- March 14: Embarcadero, starting at Fisherman’s Wharf and PIER 39, south to China Basin and Terry Francois Blvd.
- April 11: Along the Great Highway, coinciding with World Health Day’s “1,000 Cities, 1,000 Lives” international event, as one of thousands of cities hosting simultaneous car-free events worldwide.
- April 18: Bayview, along 3rd Street from King and 4th (Caltrain Station) to Bayview Playground.
- May 23: Bayview, in conjunction with the 3rd Street Corridor Project and Bayview Merchant’s Association’s “3rd Street Festival.”
- June 20: Mission, along Valencia and 24th Streets.
- July 11: Mission.
- August 22: Great Highway/Golden Gate Park.
- September 19: NEW: Western Addition, exact location TBD.
- October 24: NEW Civic Center/Tenderloin, exact location TBD.