Tips for Getting to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass weekend concert extravaganza
|October 3, 2012||Posted by jamie under Events||
From our friends at Slim’s and the Great American Music Hall who plan and pull off the fabulous Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park every year:
SOME VERY IMPORTANT REMINDERS ABOUT HSB 2012
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, October 5, 6 & 7 in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco – FREE!
Extra MUNI service will run from 10 AM to 8 PM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
On the north side of the Park, people going to HSB should look for the buses with the 5L on the signage as this will be a limited stop bus and will be a much faster trip out to the Park.
The SFMTA will be running the 5L which will leave from Grove and Larkin (outside of the Civic Center BART/MUNI Station) where it will drop off passengers at 30th & Fulton.
Returning, people can pick up the 5L on Fulton between 25th and 30th Avenues and be dropped off at Hyde & Fulton, just a short block away from the Civic Center Station.
On the south side of the Park, the SFMTA will be running extra N Judah LRV service which will go from Caltrain at King & Second Streets to the end of the line at Ocean Beach and return.
Regular fares will be charged.
If you park on the street, please respect the neighborhood and DO NOT block driveaways! Parking in the neighborhoods surrounding Golden Gate Park is EXTREMELY limited. We highly encourage taking public transport, biking or walking instead of driving. It is very important that we all respect the neighbors around the park – do NOT block driveways, clean up after yourselves, and keep noise levels down. Remember that people live here and do not use yards as toilets or trash cans.
ADA Parking: A limited number of ADA permit parking spaces will be available along Transverse Avenue between JFK Drive and MLK Dr. First Come First Serve!
Paid parking is available (first come first serve) at the following school parking lots:
Lafayette 4545 Anza Street @ 36th Avenue
Presidio 450 30th Avenue @ Geary Boulevard [enter on 29th Ave]
Jefferson 1725 Irving Street between 18th &19th Avenues [enter on 18th]
Argonne 680 18th Avenue @ Cabrillo [enter on 17th Avenue]
George Washington High School – 600 32nd Ave. [enter at 30th Ave. & Anza]
We offer both valet and self bike parking. See map for locations!
Monday. 10/1 – 12:30pm – 4pm
JFK at Transverse to JFK at 30th / JFK at Spreckels Lake turnaround
Thursday 10/4 – 6pm until Monday 10/8 at noon
JFK at Stow Lake Drive to JFK at Transverse
Thursday 10/4 – 10pm – Monday 10/8 5pm
JFK at Transverse / JFK at 30th / 30th at Fulton / JFK at Spreckels Lake
Friday 10/5 6am – Sunday 10/7 11pm
Transverse at Crossover / Transverse at MLK / Middle Drive West from Transverse to the polo fields / polo fields parking lot south side / Overlook Drive / 36th Ave. at Fulton / JFK at Chain of Lakes
There is a section reserved at each stage. Disabled persons can be dropped off at JFK and Transverse.
Shuttle Service: Round-trip, wheelchair accessible shuttle service is provided beginning at 10:30AM on Saturday and Sunday. The shuttle stops are located along JFK Drive at each stage location. The shuttle begins at JFK and Transverse Avenue.
LIVE VIDEO AND AUDIO STREAMING:
We are incredibly excited to announce that we will be streaming the entire 3 days of performances on the Arrow Stage! The high quality audio / video stream will be available on our website.
APPS FOR IPHONE AND DROID:
Available soon on our website!
This year we are offering lockers for safe storage of your personal items! Click here for info!
FESTIVAL ETIQUETTE / IMPORTANT GUIDELINES:
– Please respect our neighbors in the Richmond and Sunset districts – don’t block driveways, don’t litter, don’t use front or backyards as bathrooms, etc.
The happiness of our neighbors is VITAL to the continued success of HSB!
– A city-wide ordinance (Health Code Section 1009.81) went into effect in 2005, prohibiting smoking in all public parks. SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED in any area in Golden Gate Park.
– Please respect the people around you by keeping your talking volume reasonable so that everyone can hear the music.
– You may bring blankets and low chairs. Blanket/ground cover size is limited to 8 x 10 feet due to space restrictions. Blankets and ground covers left unoccupied for more than an hour will be subject to removal. PLEASE SHARE YOUR SPACE WITH OTHERS!
– Please do not sell alcohol, drugs, or any sort of wares – only HSB-approved vendors will be allowed.
– Only officially scheduled performers will be allowed, please no busking.
– Please pack out anything you bring in to the park. Recycling and composting will be available – please make sure to use these services!
– Please do not lock bikes to trees or fences. Valet and self bike parking will be available.
– Aisles and walkways must be kept clear at all times.
– Dress comfortably and remember to be prepared for sun or fog!
– Please be aware of personal items. The festival cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen items.
– Unauthorized sales, solicitation, and distribution are prohibited.
WANT SOME NIGHTLIFE AFTER THE MUSIC IN THE PARK IS OVER?
Check out this *amazing* lineup of “HSB Night Shows” in different venues around SF!
-Preservation Hall Jazz Band with special guests Robert Earl Keen and The GLIDE Ensemble and Change Band – Thursday, October 4 at Preservation Hall West at The Chapel (Click for tickets)
-Preservation Hall Jazz Band with special guests Steve Earle & Allison Moorer – Friday, October 5 at Preservation Hall West at The Chapel (Click for tickets)
-2 shows! 6th Annual Richard de Lone Special Housing Project Benefit featuring Elvis Costello with special guests Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Bill Kirchen, Jim Lauderdale & Buddy Miller – Saturday, October 6 at Preservation Hall West at The Chapel (Click for early show tickets / Click for late show tickets)
– Preservation Hall Jazz Band with special guests Justin Townes Earle, The Del McCoury Band, and Amanda Shaw & the Cute Guys – Sunday, October 7 at Preservation Hall West at The Chapel (Click for tickets)
-The Hellman Family and the entire HSB Crew