363 6th Street will add shadows to 1 of SoMa’s 3 public parks
|October 12, 2015||Posted by jamie under Open Spaces||
Harming kids with degrading their playgrounds and open space seems to be a fond hobby of the Planning Department and Recreation and Parks Department these days. The 5M project (Chronicle owner’s property at 5th and Mission Streets) was approved despite adding shadows to Boedekker Park in the Tenderloin a few weeks ago. This Thursday at Noon at City Hall, Room 400, a joint Rec and Parks and Planning Commission meeting decides whether it is okay for 363 6th Street to add shadows to 1 of 3 Recreation and Parks Department operated fully public parks in SoMa – Gene Friend Recreation Center/Playground.
The payoffs have been made to the non-profits:
- $10,000 for San Francisco Parks Alliance for “youth scholarship funds”
- $2,075 to sponsor the October 2015 movie night at Victoria Manalo Draves Park
- Sponsorship of a bike and roll day
- Sponsorship of a Victoria Manalo Draves Park heritage plaque
- and other sponsorships/partnerships detailed here.
So, as long as some chicken feed is paid to the chickens who work at the non-profits, the non-profits provide loving letters about the project – quid pro quo, no?
Guess the voters are cool with it – else, we’d be voting out some of this questionable stuff, right?
If you would like to do something about this latest attack on poor kids’ recreation space, read more here.