LaLanne Fitness Featured in Today's Chronicle – Top 10 Workout Tips
|September 2, 2008||Posted by jamie under Rincon Hill Businesses||
You may be familiar with the LaLanne name when it comes to fitness. Jack LaLanne, 93 years old, is known as the “Godfather of Fitness” in some parts. The Rincon Hill neighborhood has recently become the home to a new generation of LaLanne fitness and health as Jack’s grand-nephew Chris LaLanne has opened LaLane Fitness on Howard Street just east of 2nd. You can read the full article about Chris’s new venture on the SFGate.com web site.
Here are some fitness tips from the article ….
Chris LaLanne’s top 10 workout tips
1. Perform your next workout on the clock. Record your time, and one week later complete the same workout faster. Timing and tracking your workouts will allow you to measure improvements. Approach every workout as if it were a competitive event with yourself.
2. Jump rope. It’s simple, convenient and effective.
3. Create a new workout every day. Variety is the key to mental and physical stimulation. Routine is the enemy and will lead to a plateau.
4. Keep it simple. Make basic bodyweight exercises the focus of your workouts, including squats, push-ups, lunges, sit-ups, pull-ups and calisthenics.
5. Join a group fitness program. Becoming part of a community will foster long-term success through support and encouragement.
6. Start a food journal. This is instant accountability. You will never perform better or change your body unless you change the way you eat.
7. Keep your workouts short and intense. Results are a product of quality, not quantity.
8. Set performance goals. How fast can you run 1 mile, do 50 calisthenics, perform 100 squats or row 500 meters?
9. Take time to stretch tight muscles, especially the calves, hamstrings, lower back and neck.
10. Grab some free weights. Dumbbells, barbells and kettlebells have proven to be more effective than machine-based resistance training.